Today, Kickin’ Old Skool is asking: “Tell us 10 things about you!”
So here we go!
1. I don’t know how to swim out of the shear terror I feel when my head is underwater. Add my feet not touching the ground and you get a 41 year-old scaredy cat. I also blame the movie Jaws. Seriously, I was afraid to take baths as a kid and for years had a minor panic attack when placing my head directly under the stream of the shower head.
2. I learned how to ride a bike at age 36. I never learned how ride a bike as a child because I had a bad attitude about learning and had family members with no patience. I tried once, fell once, and walked away for 30 years.
3. I love books, own many, but am a horrible reader. I tend to fall asleep while reading so I get nowhere fast. I have started many books, and finished very few.
4. I tried to play many instrument in my childhood. The violin, trumpet, and bass guitar were a part of my hopes and dreams, but alas, only the bass stuck around the longest for 3 years. I later tried the guitar, and now want to try the cello.
6. Most predominantly though, I am an Introvert! Some people deny that Introversion and Extraversion are real concepts. But when I look at the traits of an Extroverted person, I cringe!!! I feel immediately uncomfortable and I want to crawl out of my skin. Not one Extrovert trait sits well with me. But most Introverts traits fit me like a well-tailored personalized snuggie.
7. Oh do I love Snoopy! Something about his big nose and mischievous smile lights up my heart and soul. Seeing him brings me back to the core of happiness.
8. I ABSOLUTELY hate cilantro.
9. Although I love psychology and counseling, I wish I would have been brave enough to jump head-on into the deep end of the art world. My goal now is to blend the two because they go so naturally together.
10. I have been vegan since 2006. It was an ethical choice as I no longer wanted to participate in animal cruelty. I don’t believe in “Humane” meat/dairy. etc., I loathe PETA, and I don’t promote animal welfare agendas. If you disagree, feel free to do so, but not with me. I’m over having discussions masked as arguments. If you want to learn and engage is non-defensive discussion, feel free to ask me anything. If you want to argue your point as right, please go elsewhere.
To participate in the Blog-A-Thon, visit: http://kickinitoldskool.blogspot.com/2013/11/get-ready-to-ruuumbbbllleee.html