Today’s KIOS Blog-A-Thon prompt is: Let’s share more in a meme-a-licious kind of way.
To be more specific…
- Your First Job: My first job started at 7am and lasted 4 hours. It was at a local doughnut/ice cream shop and the owner had me filling doughnuts, cleaning counters, scooping ice cream (yes, someone ordered ice cream in the morning), sweeping, and running the register. He was yelling at me and so angry that I didn’t instinctively know what to do. I was 16, and having never worked a day in my life, was mortified. I remember leaving on my lunch break and never going back. Not even for my 1/2 day’s worth of pay.
- The First Thing to Your Left: A 2-tier end table with my iPhone, water bottle, keys and other objects.
- Something You Remember About First Grade: Thinking that it was a bum deal and wishing I was back in Kindergarten. I missed art and nap time. Kinda like now.
- The First book you ever read: Jeez, I dunno. I loved the Clifford series as a kid, and loved library day. Oooh, and I loved those Scholastic book orders we’d get in school. But, I can’t quite remember my first book. Maybe Howliday Inn by James Howe?
- The First Thing You Do In the Morning: I hate to admit this, but….check Facebook :s
- The First Food You Knew You Didn’t Like: Liver. I remember my mom making Liver and Onions and thinking that it smelled good. But the first time I tried it as a kid I think I spit it right out. It felt like some cruel joke.
- Your First Memory: I remember being terrified of snails. I don’t know what it was about snails that freaked me out. I remember being about 4 or so and crying so hard because I thought a snail was over the doorway so I didn’t want to walk through the door. For years when I was sick I’d close my eyes and see snails. I absolutely love them now, but as a kid, they scared the crap outta me.
Whelp there you are!
If you’d like to participate in this Blog-A-Thon, please visit: http://kickinitoldskool.blogspot.com/2013/11/get-ready-to-ruuumbbbllleee.html